|Geographical area||Capital Governorate|
|Coordinates||Latitude: 26° 14' 01" Longitude: 50° 31' 14"|
|Type of site||Settlement|
|Location and toponomy||Persion Gulf, North-East Arabia.|
North of Baḥrayn isle, on the coast.
Maybe the Thilouana (Aramaic: Tlwn, Tylos in Greek) from a Palmyrene source. The governor of Thilouana was a Palmyrene depending on the king of Charax, Meherdat.
|General description||Archaeological tell of c. 16 ha. Important harbour in Antiquity.|
|Chronology||Bronze Age: from c. 2300 BC until the 16th century AD.|
|Classical sources||Palmyrene inscription Inv. Cantineau X, 38, from year 131 AD (first publishe by H. Seyrig, Syria 22, 1941, p. 253).|
|Archaeological missions||Danish mission (1954-1972)|
French mission (1977-1988)
French and Kingdom of Baḥrayn kingdom mission (from 1989)